Well this week has taken a turn for the worser worser. Yes that’s two times worse that I thought it was going to initially be. My car is no longer a car.
It can ride down the road, park, look black, and blow cold air. However after taking it to the shop yesterday for a break check-up we found out the car is not safe. Not only are the back breaks burned up but the entire underside of the car is rusted out. So much so that the frame (you know the big best part of a car that takes the main impact of any collision) moved when lifting the car. The frame should never, ever move. And it’s terrible rusted. This next line brought me to tears: “if you were to get into any kind of collision it would practically crumble”. You mean the car I drive around with my baby happily chatting in the backseat is not safe? You mean a side collision would pretty much turn us into vegetables? That’s not something anyone wants to hear. The conversation continued and re-debated with my husband but ultimately it’s a pile of metal right now.
So here we are; real life has hit harder than we expected and we are left with one car. The one car my husband drives all day for work and cannot be two places at once. Carpooling would be an option if I quit all my classes this semester thus pushing graduation to spring. The whole situation is frustrating, stressful, and overwhelming. Yesterday was spent exploring all the potential avenues only to be closed off with road block after road block. Life isn’t always hunky dory, right?
So what’s the original reason this week was going to suck? My father in laws 1 year “death anniversary” (or whatever you’re supposed to call the worst days of your life) is Saturday.
Well what’s the other worser? My father in law’s mother (Davy’s grandmother) found out she has colon cancer. She is already a breast cancer survivor. Life’s shit sometimes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
very good information about cancer, it is good to know that people look for the health of others, but neglect in hospitals makes it grow and grow every day people with this chronic disease that causes very strong pains to millions sufferers.
I am so sorry to hear about your week. I will be praying for you and Davy as you work through the car issues & as you deal with the sadness of health issues in your family.
***I am pretty sure we work near each other and I know we live near each other so if you need a ride to & from work, please let me know!!!
One of my favorite scriptures to repeat when life sucks--"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me". Philippians 4:13
Post a Comment