Remember me saying I need to loose weight before I start growing another baby? Ok maybe I didn’t say it out loud because saying it out load forces me to admit I’m overweight and rather eat ice cream and watch Gossip Girl after work then eat veggies and sweat. Regardless, the pounds need to come off. According to “plan” (or as much planning you can do for a natural cause) we are thinking in terms of months not years anymore and looking down at my giggly belly that’s a scary thought! If I don’t loose weight before getting pregnant I’m afraid I will blow up like Violet from Willy Wonka or worse, never have a normal body again. I’ve already adjusted to buying bigger clothes and understanding why moms need “mom jeans” but I’m not ready to convert to solely buying T shirts and wearing the unflattering jean capri to hide everything that was once glorified as curves.
I’m proud to say we’ve cut our grocery bill in half these past few weeks and will never turn my back on couponing again. We buy what’s on sale, I make a weekly menu, we keep that extra money of our bellies and everyone’s happy. However trying to incorporate loosing weight and eating healthy is a scary thought because what if those items aren’t on sale? Or I don’t have a coupon? Creating tasty meals based off of what I bought at a discount sometimes contains mac n cheese or lots of carby-goodness. They don’t make coupons for fresh produce for cryin’ out loud! I need to find a way to come up with healthy meals every night while staying on a budget. To make the most out of the pricey produce and lean meat while still tasting good and not making me go on a sweets binge after eating the same meal every single night.
If you have recipes or suggestions I’m taking anything you’ve got!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Hey girl! My husband is a health nut and does our grocery shop for the sole purpose of keeping us on track with the healthy options vs. the snacks I would buy if I was the one shopping!!! haha
You are absolutely right about the coupons not being available for the healthy options. I have tried couponing, but I never manage to save a TON because most of the things on coupons we do not eat therefore dont buy. With that being said, I would recommend finding the healthy brands that you like and then going to their websites to print off coupons.Just a warning, this will not be a huge savings, but you will be saving in a monetary sense AND in a feel good, healthy body sense!
Good luck, lady!
check out eatingwell.com. i get a lot of recipes from there (usually at least 2 a week) and they have a category specifically for saving money.
thanks ladies for the tips!
What are you girls normally eating as side items with dinner? I can cook a healthy meat and put on steamed veggies but what about the other side? Not all meals have to be traditional but Davy loves to keep it to the simple three and if I don't have a suggestion he is normally pulling out the fatty carbs! Tips?
What about beans/legumes for your third side? If you buy them bagged and make a huge batch at the beginning of the week in a crock pot, you can dress them up differently each night. Also, they're healthy.
Sometimes we make fruit our third side, but like you said, fresh produce can get pricey.
Post a Comment