Dec 30, 2010

Pretty lights on the tree...I'm watching them shine.

I did it! I cannot believe I uploaded all of the pictures and threw them into collages for your enjoyment! I'm glad that I made the effort to pull out the camera at almost every event!
Christmas décor around the house
Above the kitchen sink // tall ball/vase on the sideboard in dinning room // red/ green sparkle trees with snowman cookie jar on the sideboard // close up of the ornament sled above sink // 
the “allowed to touch” stuff for Moses.
  
Ornaments on our tree
I never took a full standing picture of our tree because it looks a little wonky this year. The tree itself had great shape but it was my decorating that suffered. In fear of what Moses would do to certain ornaments I pretty much kept everything out of his reach zone. Our first family ornament next to peacock feathers at the top of the tree // our little Mexican lovers we got in Cozumel on our honeymoon // my most sacred ornament- a ceramic Precious Moments ball I’ve had for as long as I can remember // Moses’ new ornament for this year- Curious George reading a CG book. Moses’ favorite book is his collection of Curious George and for about 6 months straight he wanted us to read the same story in the collect every night. When I saw this at Hallmark I knew it was the one // Davy’s favorite childhood ornament- Big Bird!
Cookie decorating at the In-Laws
Moses thoroughly enjoying his cookie // (Davy’s grandma and mom) all decorating // a table full of delicious sugar // the boys enjoying their hard work.
Christmas Eve
All the boys // Mom stirring our traditional Christmas Eve soup // Sisters // the hubs and I in front of the Christmas tree- even though you can’t see it with the angle of the picture, it’s there (8 feet actually…no we’re not giants) // the husbands.
Christmas Eve tradition- opening one present after dinner
I love this picture- Davy helping Moses’ open his present // Look closely at the bottom of the picture, that’s Davy aka their human trampoline // playing with his new toy // I randomly decided to sit on Davy which then started the trampoline acts // taking turns climbing on his back then jumping off by his head.
Christmas morning at our house
Moses using his new bath toy as a gummie holder (and yes, the first thing he act that morning was gummies, it was Christmas!) // blowing his new train whistle // opening his stoking // trying out his new water bottle
Christmas morning at my parents
Dad, Mom, and sister at the breakfast table // I love this picture- Moses cousin Grace holding Moses while they swayed back and forth listening to music // the boys // Moses’ favorite decoration at Grammy’s house- all the musical toys. He actually likes to turn them all on at the same time, kind of like a terrible sounding chorus // Sister and Davy- always the best of buds
   
The beautiful tree at my parents
Let me start my saying my mother makes anything she touches incredible. Ever year her house is magnificently decorated in every nook and cranny and the Christmas tree in never bare. I could sit there forever and find hidden ornaments all through the tree. It’s hard to see in the pictures but the ornaments go back about 5 layers and I’m not kidding when I say there are 15 + strands of lights on that bad boy. 
Not only is her tree beautiful but she takes the time to make every.single.present beautiful. Carefully picks which wrapping paper and bow fits each child’s style. Then which name tag and little piece of flare would look just right. I’m in awe every year of how much effort goes into making under the tree so pretty! I wish I had a nicer camera to capture the entire scene as a whole but these snapshots will have to do! Remember when I said we aren’t going overboard at our house this? Well that’s not the case at the “Pop Pop and Grammies” house. In her defense it honestly isn’t that many presents if you think 13 people times 5 gifts is already 65 presents! Anyways, that’s not the point, the point is, wow, her tree and presents are so beautiful!
A few of my personal favorite; of course they are all for me
because …..well….she knows what I like!
Opening presents at my parents
Kelley, 38 weeks preggo and queen of the comfy chair. As you can tell, all her presents are in arms reach! // Molly being a teenage (Eye roll! Winky face) // Grace with her new digital camera // Keira all dressed up as mermaid princess // Mom opening her special jewelry box // Kissing Dad- clearly she approved!
The rest of our day
I gave up taking pictures at the In-Laws because one of the girls had her super nice camera out and took over for me- I was very thankful! Davy and his brother telling everyone how this whole opening-presents-with-15 people-in-the-room was going to work // Davy giving Mo his first lesson // Moses’ new slippers // us // the Twins waiting for present time.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

I feel like I was there!

Honestly my favorite pictures are of you and Davy together.

Ashley said...

You go, girl with all those collages! My Christmas recap took forever just uploading! It looks like a great Christmas though and my Mom wrapped her gifts fancy this year too! I guess that's something you have time for when you don't have little ones anymore!

Tamara James said...

awesome Christmas post! Love your Christmas decor, Moses' striped PJs, and your hair! You always look so put together:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails