Jan 13, 2011

Grab your backpack, let's go!

I survived. It was brutal, unpleasant, sometimes over and over; it occurred so many times back to back I didn’t know if I could take it again. If I had to watch another Dora the Explorer episode one more time I think my head would have shot off my body screaming Spanish words. Oh, what about Moses being super sick? Eh, he’s okay. But Dora, oh Dora how I loath thee. Since we cut off our cable to save money and all we’ve been gifted several children’s DVD’s for Moses’ enjoyment. We have Bob the Builder, Thomas the Train, a few old school Sesame Streets and Dora. We have a 1 hours 45 minuet musical + episodes and then a 48 minuet long combined episode DVD; I’m not kidding when I say we watched them on repeat for 4 days straight. It’s something about the poor quality graphics, the loudness of her voice, the diction of her words and oh God the repetitiveness that drives me insane. Really, why does the map need to repeat the three places they need to go so many times? WE GET IT. Thankfully Lion King saved us a few times when even Moses got tired of Dora. I witnessed Moses’ first experience of sadness for a movie. During the part where Simba’s dad gets trampled by the stampede and Simba goes over to his dad father and weeps Moses kept saying “oh no Simba’s daddy” “wake up daddy, wake up”. It broke my heart and in that very moment I wished I could place him in a large bubble and never let him experience real death in his life.
Anyways back to my barfing baby, he’s all better now. He bounced between vomiting to fevers to diarrhea to constantly not wanting to eat. We pretty much camped out on the living room couch converted hospital bed complete with towels lining every inch and barf buckets in arms reach. Yesterday he finally had an appetite and slowly worked back to eating more than a few crackers. I don’t want to get too graphic but lets just say this is the first time since we’ve converted to cloth diapers that I wish we had disposables; a leaking buttock of a two year old is not pretty no matter if I’m his mother or not!
It feels good to be back to the daily grind however I’m feeling extremely disoriented with being in an office chair with a To Do list as long as my note pad for Moses’ party this weekend. Happy Monday and Happy Friday from me to you!

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Oh man. My youngest sister is almost 9 and she loved Dora and would watch it all the time. One of our fave shows is Modern Family and one of the Dads on the show talks about his hatred of Dora and says, “It’s Cameron’s turn to be out in the world, interacting with other adults. While I get to stay at home and plot the death of Dora the Explorer…. Fill her backpack with bricks and throw her into Candy Cane river.” I thought that was so hilarious.
(And I'm equally glad I'm not the only list maker!)

Related Posts with Thumbnails