Jan 21, 2011

Provider.

I promise I didn’t mean to leave you hanging with Wednesday’s post. I was all “this sucks but I promise it gets good” and then never delivered! The good news is….I quit my job! Why? Because I got a new one! And you thought the last two weeks couldn’t get any crazier, right?

It all started a couple weeks ago when I got a call from a girlfriend rambling about a job offer. A mutual friend asked her if she was interested or if she knew anyone who was. For some reason I came to mind and next thing I know I’m on the phone with our mutual friend for 45 minuets one night talking about this job. Talking about lots of information I know nothing about but the key undertone in his voice being passion. He seemed to love his job, love his company, and loved the potential of me getting this job.

I have worked at my current job for two and half years and enjoyed the comfort it brought, even if it wasn’t the most fulfilling. The security kept my family happy and my coworkers kept me happy. I wasn’t even looking for a new job but deep down *cough* God *cough* I felt like I should follow through and call the President of the company.

Two days later I was sitting in his office with the Vice President talking about the potential of working for them. Before our meeting I kept praying “God I’m so nervous but I don’t want to be…take over my body and be in control of my speech…lead this interview”; He did. I felt so calm sitting in that meeting and left with the same feelings of passion and integrity these people put into their company. 

I figured it was a long shot I was actually going to get the job but walked away having the utmost respect for small businesses. A week later I got a phone call telling me I got the job! 

First thoughts were excitement then slight fear crept in. Started over from scratch; being the new girl in “training” and tip toeing my way around the office until I feel comfortable eating breakfast at my desk. Another fear is the unknown; State agencies and the private sector our set up very differently when it comes to insurance, leave time, and general work guidelines. 

My last day at my current job is Wednesday and then I start my new job Monday. I will update in the coming weeks on how we are all handling the change. It’s going to take some adjusting but overall we are so excited for this opportunity.

Can you tell I’m just a babbling mess about it? My excitements and fears come in waves; I don’t even know how to control them right now!

4 comments:

Ashley said...

Congrats! What will you be doing?

Kelley said...

Congratulations! What company?!

Tamara James said...

This is awesome! I feel the same way about my current job like you felt about your last...it's not very fulfilling but it pays the bills and I'm "comfortable". One day I'll hopefully be doing something I love...I hope you love your new one!

Nicole said...

Congratulations! That is such a sweet story and I truly believe it was God sent!

Please keep us updated and ENJOY the change!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails