Jan 3, 2011

So long, farewell.

Unlike last year when I tried to write a long post about our year this time I’m doing things differently. For the past year (and longer) this blog has become a journal of my life. I write on days when I’m a happy Mommy, a bored employee, a sassy wife, and a funny girl. It shares the ups, downs, and in betweens that life given us and I’m thankful to report, we’ve survived 2010! We’ve had some wonderful moments and some not so wonderful moments (as I write this Pink Floyd’s “Wish you were here” just started playing on Pandora and I can’t help but think those exact same words).
2009 was a learning year for us; how to be parents. We had many trials and errors, leaning curves, and firsts. 2010 was spent enjoying the fruits of our labor. No longer were we worried about a weird diaper rash or food he couldn’t eat. Our baby has grown into a little boy full of adventure. Often times I find myself brushing off the accidental falls or the consumption of foreign objects from the yard. We’ve learned how to be married AND be parents and they’ve fallen together nicely. More than ever I find myself enjoying the little moments; i.e. laying on the leaves in the front yard as Moses runs around with no diaper on getting swept away by the wind. So what if I’m getting dirty, so what that my baby is rubbing his man parts in the dirt, so what the I’m getting absolutely nothing accomplish while laying here. You know, those kind of happy moments?
January 1st morning Davy and I laid in bed sharing our “resolutions” with each other and it feels great to know we are on the same page. Some were the typical resolutions of losing weight and getting organized and saving money while some our a little more exciting like the future of our family. I’m constantly finding myself loving life even more than I did the month before and I cannot wait to see what 2011 holds for us!

1 comment:

Ashley said...

I'm excited to get to that little boy stage you mention! I'm glad to hear that after a hard year of learning there's a silver lining where you moreso know. That is good encouragement for me! Happy New Year to your family! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails