Friday rolls around and I make sure to bring in those yummy super sugary iced cookies from the bakery and think nothing of it. Well after school Davy informs me that we were also supposed to bring in their Valentines because I guess any
At first I thought I failed but then I realized better late than never, right? I might as well carry on with my original plan and give the kids one more extra treat on
So with all my psycho babble behind us here is what Mo brought to school this morning:
![]() |
| This is the only picture I managed to take which shows the "girly" hearts cooling on a nasty baking sheet! #momoftheyear |
They are homemade heart shaped crayons! I found silicone heart shaped ice cube trays in the dollar bin at Target and picked up a 64 count pack of crayons. I used a knife to cut off all the wrappers then broke them up into color categories. I used a muffin tin to separate the blues, pinks, oranges, ect. which made filling the ice cube trays extremely easy. I used girly colors for the girls and boy colors for the boys. I had to do something with all the boo boo browns so I mixed them with bright blues to make them gift worthy. After filling the trays I put them in the oven for 10 minutes until all the wax had melted and let them cool before removing them. I was so happy how they turned out! I loaded cute striped bags with a pack of gummies and three heart crayons tied with a Valentine that said “You color my world”!
Because today is all about telling the ones we love just how much we love them….and acting like a crazy mom of a 2 year old who really has no idea what today is, right?

2 comments:
That's a super great idea! I may use that when Joel gets older as a V-Day surprise for him and likewise whenever he has these types of parties. And just so you know, I'd also assume the parties would be on the correct day so you are not alone! And not a failure!
these are soooo cute! you are so creative. that is so much more fun than all the little paper valentines most of the kids probably brought. :)
Post a Comment