Feb 1, 2011

Working Mom, take #2

I survived the first two days! I never doubted I would, I just didn't know how I was going to feel when theey were over. First let me preface Monday morning with I woke up feeling sick; yeah, how does that even happen on my first day? I planned on writing last night but after drinking a bottle of Nyquil I didn't make it past 8:30pm. Yesterday and today I've been running on about 70%. But other than that I have no complaints!

The people are just as nice as I remember from my interview and all my little worries have been answered. Yes I have my own office and parking space, yes I CAN do what they ask of me, yes this will be a great place to work, yes there is an office refrigerator and yes to daily coffee! I few bonus perks are having a window in my office (it even opens unlike the ones on the 5th floor at my old job they don't fear someone hates their job so much they decide to jump ) and they are giving me a Smart Phone AND paying for it!

These past days have been spent training and skimming the surface of all the terminology I need to become an expert on. Note to all: If you want to start making the big bucks quit your lazy major and start learning how to do sometheing really really specific in the IT field you're welcome .

I have lots of fun posts coming up; birthday parties and birthday dinner and videos and growing up and all that good stuff. The pace may get a little slower around here while we all adjust but not to fear I'll always be here!

1 comment:

Ashley said...

My husband is in IT. He's a Network Administrator. And that's definitely a good industry! I'm glad you're liking your job!

Related Posts with Thumbnails