- 2 cp Wheat flour
- 1/4th TSP Baking Soda
- 1/3 cp Wheat gem
- 3 TSP Cinnamon
- 1 TSP Nutmeg
- 1 TSP Salt
- 2 cp shredded zucchini (about 2 average size zucchini)
- Carrots *
- 1 cp Brown sugar
- 3 Eggs **
- 1/3 cp Vegetable oil (I actually did even less and added a tiny bit more applesauce)
- 2/3 cp Natural, un-sweetened apple sauce
- 2 TSP Vanilla
Preheat oven to 350 and spray mini muffin tins
1. Add all dry ingredients together (except the sugar) and stir.
2. Add all wet ingredients including the sugar and stir in large bowl.
3. Slowly add dry ingredients to wet and stir until well blended.
4. Bake at 350 for 30ish minuets. Check them after 25 min to see if the center is cooked. I actually took mine out when the centers were ever so slightly mushy because I knew once they cooled I still wanted them to be moist.
* I also added a few shredded carrots because I thought “why the heck not” but it maybe only equaled out to 1/4th. I figure if I masking vegetables in a muffin might as well get as much out of it as I can.
** Next time I want to try 1 egg and 3 egg whites so if you try it let me know
Note: They do not really rise out of the tins like normal muffins do; feel free to fill the entire tin up to the top if you want a large muffin then in my picture.
One batch yielded over 48 mini muffins.

2 comments:
Thanks for posting! I read the post yesterday hoping you'd post the recipe. I hope to try it this weekend!
I'm glad you posted this! I'm anxious to try it! I think Joel is too little for these now, but I'm going to tuck it away and pull it back out when more teeth come in. :) Thank you!
Post a Comment