May 23, 2011

Good or Great?

The choice to be good or great. It was part of Sunday’s church message and really spoke to me. I can choose to give a little or give a lot. I can choose to be comfortable in my routine or break free and do something even better. After the message yesterday we decided it was time to step up our game and start attending Wednesday night service. We stopped going once Moses got on a steady 8pm bedtime schedule in fear it would throw his week off. I work until 6pm which means I’ll have to get home, scarf dinner, and walk out the door for another 2 hours. We also have a deep love for Modern Family and if we are sitting in church there would be no way we could watch it at our normal time. On the other hand, what if we are putting schedules, TV shows, and laziness in way of something we are missing that could be amazing. What if we really need to hear those messages or spend that time fellowshipping but instead we are sitting on the couch feeding our flesh. Moses going to bed one hour later won’t kill him, I’ll be able to rest after church, and Modern Family streams all week long online….our lives won’t be over to sacrifice our routine. Church is only the cornerstone to this revelation; put the effort in to make my marriage, my friendships, my body, myself not good but great.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Sounds like a great message! I could learn from it too. Tomorrow is Wednesday (or I guess today... I'm in Pacific time right now) so GOOD luck! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails