May 18, 2010

Gifts of holidays past

I want to elaborate on my husband's gift giving past but don't want to sound like a D.B.....with that being said, let’s take a walk down memory lane. Our first Christmas together we were poor (still are, just a little less poor) so we wanted to cap the gift exchange at $20. Davy goes into the store and finds the perfect thing for me; a Skookie.
Yes what you’re seeing is a mini cast iron skillet you make a one person serving of a skillet-cookie on, hence the name Skookie. It’s a cool concept; I do love sweets, but awful gift if you’re getting one present from your spouse. I have never used it. Fast forward to Valentines Day, the most romantic gift exchange of the year…..comes home with a cutlery block.
The second I open it he acts more excited than I do and proceeds to take it out of the box. Clearly a personal purchase that was wrapped up in hopes we could keep it. At this point in our marriage I was too sweet to return them. He looked around and picked out what he truly thought I would like. Christmas this year we had a $40 stocking budget so I got him two Guy Harvery t-shirts; he decided to fill mine with tons of candy and not one but two packs of Twilight trading cards.
 I didn’t want to take my chances this Mother’s day with another household object so I made a very detailed list. The list consisted of cheap to expensive items and as long as he picked from the list he couldn’t go wrong. This post is silly and I'm not trying to hurt my husband’s feelings. The gifts may have been a complete fail but its obvious he really thinks about things I love (sweets, Twilight) and thought I would like what he picked out. He is incredibly spot-on in other areas and I’m so in love with him….gift giving just isn’t his forte!

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Hilarious!!! Poor Guy :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails