Girlfriends, gal-pals, besties, friends, best friends. Back in high school and beginning of college I had oodles of time to spend with friends; no real job, no real responsibilities, and not much going on besides homework and friends. Now that I’m getting older and have many more things on my plate keeping good girl friends is a lot harder! I need friends in my life that understand the importance of family, working, the responsibilities “real” life brings, and that I’m not readily available. I need friends who can go days, sometimes weeks without speaking to and then be able to catch up over coffee without explaining myself. I need friends who I can cry with, laugh with, and most importantly be myself around.
Thankfully, I have them. Even though it may not be a “posse” of girlfriends anymore it’s certainly more than one and I am so blessed to be able to say that.
My girlfriends love to eat and talk and watch stupid TV and exercise before ice cream and confide in each other and trash talk each other (in a good way) (ok you may need an explanation: “uh I hate how SHE has such great legs…her legs are perfect…she looks so good in those jeans…Hey ___ you look so good in those jeans!) and just be together.
Our collective favorite thing to eat is fruit with homemade orange-caramel dip and our favorite show was Grey’s Anatomy. We battle about this (and majority rules) but our favorite guilty pleasure books are the Twilight series and The Hunger Game series.
We can be serious, stupid, funny, loyal, and a good time. I am truly blessed to call these beautiful ladies my best friends.




1 comment:
I love all these girls too. It's so nice to still feel so connected although I'm not there anymore, and I think that says a lot about the character of these girls/women. See you soon, dear!
Post a Comment