Aug 22, 2011

First day, yet again.

The first day of school, yet again. Even though Moses is still at the same school this year he does move up each school year just like k-12th grade does. This year he is moving the second floor at school where all the “big kids” are and oh my gosh my baby is growing up! We had orientation last week and I already really like his new teacher and his new classroom. They do a great job of transitioning the kids to the next classroom by introducing the teacher weeks in advance so this morning he had no problem going to his new room.

We were running around in a hurry but I remembered to pull out the camera last minute to take his First Day picture.

Please note the wild bedtime hair I tried to brush over and the 100 bruises and bumps on his legs; that’s my typical two year old boy! If you were to see him moments earlier he had sticky hands and a peanut butter mustache. Wonder how he is so patiently standing still smiling for the camera? Because he has his eyes on the jar of M&Ms I bribed him with the take this picture! Whatever works, right? 


Rewind 13 months ago to last year’s first day.


And finally the comparison shot of what a year of changes bring. I’m kind of tearing up and kind of have a proud smile on my looking at these side by side. This is just the beginning, I know, but oh my gosh my baby is so grown up! 

Speaking of grown up, check out this text picture I got this morning. My little sister aka Molly Polly Pocket's first day of high school!! I really can't believe the high school era has begun for her...pretty soon she will be driving off to college! A comparison to my first day of high school: I wore the shortest skirt I could find and about a pound of make up. When I asked Molly if she was allowed to wear makeup now she just shrugged and said "uhh I don't know, I'm not going to because I don't need it". Don't need it at age 14....yeah, talk about maturity!

1 comment:

The Hills said...

:) :) :) tears of joy as everyone grows up!! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails