Aug 24, 2011

You decide where the chain stops.

A few months ago I went out searching on the internets to find a good weight loss/motivational blog to help me refocus my eating and exercise habits. The very first one I came across was Roni’s over at Roni’sWeigh and I have loved it ever since. You can read all about her on her own site but basically she used to be very overweight and through Weight Watchers, food journaling (brilliant), exercise, and an entire emotional journey she is now a completely different person. I love that she has kids, a house, a husband, emotions, but still finds a way to meet her goals by eating right and exercising by a Flexibility Consistent method (if you can’t go run at your ideal time of 6am then do it at 8pm when you have time…that sort of thing).
  
Earlier this week she has this quote and little motivational segment about it:
“You decide where the chain stops”
  
Just because you have one bad meal doesn’t mean your entire day is ruined…one bad day doesn’t have to into one bad week…one bad week doesn’t have to turn into one bad month….ect. You decide when the chain stops….you decide when to make a change. Just because I ate a handful of M&M’s doesn’t mean I have to skip the treadmill waiting for me in the playroom. Just because I was too tired to get up to exercise doesn’t mean I need to eat Chick Fil A tonight. You decide where the chain stops.
  
This method can be true in other aspects of your life (you know, for those of you that have eating perfect and exercising daily down) such as your attitude. Just because you yelled at your husband for eating the last apple doesn’t mean you need to be angry the whole night…just because you had too much to drink last weekend doesn’t mean you need to do it again this weekend (I’m just using broad examples, not real life stuff…I have my hang-ups but this is not my secret way of out-letting all my internal battles). You get the point; you decide where the chain stops.
 

If your needed eating or exercising encouragement I urge you to check out her blog. Some days it may only be a food journal post but each week I feel encouraged after reader her blog and I bet you will too.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails