Oct 20, 2011

{Family} Farm Tour

Once a year our local natural/organic/health store invites to the public to come tour 31 of the area farms they use as a way for us to get to know our farmers. “Aunt Beth” invited us earlier in the week and after browsing some of the farms I thought it was be a wonderful family outing. We all loaded up in our car and headed out Saturday morning. Driving all around North Florida was not an option we stuck with one general area and bounced around visiting a goat farm, a bee/honey exhibit, a vineyard, and a family farm. I am so thankful Aunt Beth was there capturing the little moments for us because we truly has such a wonderful time watching Moses explore.
 The first farm had fainting goats, baby goats, chickens, sheep dogs, a hayride, and Moses' favorite part…the tire swing! 
My favorite part of the trip was stumbling upon the chicken coup at the vineyards and watching the process of a chicken laying an egg.
We were so excited when one climbed into her little cubby and I was only half joking with Moses about waiting to see if she laid an egg. Sure enough on came rolling down and we were smitten with joy! I think the highlight for Moses was when the chickens were pooping but I’ll just pretend he loved our special moment the most!
The perfect pit stop treat…something sweet!And while we were enjoying our treats and watching the bee expo a girl was walking around letting people make their own bee's wax candle!
It was so nice to have someone else there to take the pictures for me! Normally I am the one behind the camera so this was an extra special treat! Thanks Bethy for playing Mom of the day!
Overall it was a fun, quality day spent outdoors and I am so glad we decided to go do something out of our comfort zone for the day!

1 comment:

ee said...

I too had so much fun! Anyone in town should make an effort to go next year, particularly if the weather is as perfect as it was this year. I had tons of fun taking pictures of Mo since he was kinda loving hammin it up for the camera :)
Pooping or eggs, whatever! ;)

Related Posts with Thumbnails