Contentment: the act of being content.
For days I’ve been trying to change life around to make it fit this lavish picture of happiness I’ve created when all I need to do is stop. Stop wishing myself out of my current state of life and start enjoying it. Start being content in what I do have…living everyday to the fullest so to speak. It’s incredible how quickly I take advantage of my blessed life. I have an amazing husband, and healthy adorable son, a large family that loves us, and friends that make me laugh. I live in a home with a lush grass yard that’s in a neighborhood I feel safe in. We have jobs that offer insurance and give us stable paychecks. We get to wake up every day and live in on this beautiful Earth God created yet for whatever reason I simply forgot. I’m one of those people God would never let win the lottery because I think money can solve everything and if everything materialistic is perfect I wouldn’t need God anymore. God has given me so much that it would be foolish to not be thankful. Today and for many more days I’ll pray for contentment; contentment in where we are in life right this very moment.
No comments:
Post a Comment