Oct 6, 2011

Time to put him into a shoe box so he’ll stop growing so fast!

If potty training was a football game we would all be waving our hands in the air with 4 fingers stretched high. It’s the 4th quarter at our house and I couldn’t be more proud of my little guy.

1st & 2nd Quarter: He’s been wearing Big Boy underwear for weeks now and only has about 1 or 2 accidents a week.

I’m honestly not quite sure why he feels the need to hide and poop; he gets so much praise and a big sweet treat when he does his big business on the little potty however sometimes he is so wrapped up in what he’s doing he doesn’t want to stop. Just the other night we were building big block towers and he jumped up and said “let’s play hide and seek…I’m going to hide and you come find me!” I quickly realized why he wanted to change games and once I asked him if he had to go he said yes while running down the hall towards the bathroom.

3rd Quarter: He will let us know most of the time when he has to go or simply take himself into the bathroom and do his business. I love that he needs his personal space and will often say “mommy, get out of here” with his hand in the air if I walk in before he’s done.

4th Quarter: Sunday night marked the start of the 4th quarter…going to bed overnight in Big Boys! We noticed he was starting to wake up with dry diapers and knew he was ready….ready to try at least. The first time went great! He woke up at 11:30am telling Davy he needed to potty; once he did his thing he crawled back into bed and woke up dry! The next night…not so much. I think he held it all night but once he woke up and it was really cold in the house he just sat in bed stirring until he had an accident. He cried and was very upset it happened reaffirming to me mentally he was ready. Happy to report last night was another successful night! He woke me up this morning by running into my room saying “Mommy, I had noooo accidents last night”! I love, love, love that he loves positive affirmation and wants to make us proud.

We are so excited for our big boy!

Moses is 3 months shy of turning 3 and I’m starting construction on that over-sized (but not too big) shoe box.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

It blows my mind that he's capable of so much! I can't imagine that stage yet. Good job to Moses and congrats on being on the home stretch!

Related Posts with Thumbnails