Oct 21, 2011

Pregnancy Lane.

Among being one of the best places to stalk those from your past Facebook has some other fun features as well like taking strolls through memory lane. I came across a picture of myself pregnant and it caught me off guard; I was 9 months pregnant and radiantly happy. It got me thinking about my 41 week journey and the way it can emotionally, mentally, financially physically change a person. Let’s take a stroll…
My first pregnant picture. Oh….this picture, the bittersweet joy it brings me. Back then I thought I was a little chubby but oh my gosh what I wouldn’t give to have that body again!
This was always a fun situation; pregnant tailgating. I got so many stares and drunken girls touching my belly and asking {inappropriate} questions.
I love this memory; our semi planned out and slightly rushed maternity session. My friend Sarah snapped these at sunset on the only strip of undisturbed scenery we could find in Destin that evening between restaurants and condos. 
New Year's eve...officially past my due date but that didn't stop us from going to a party to downtown 2010! The guys were showing off their "catching" skills.
And this, this is the picture. I was 9 months pregnant and having a blast with girlfriends. We were laughing and taking a group photo and I remember feeling great. Looking back my jaw drops at how huge my belly had grown; I was so oblivious back then!

One thing all these pictures have in common; happiness. I had such a happy wonderful pregnancy and these little life snapshots show it. Yes I did have a numb butt in my office chair for months but honestly everything else was a breeze. Ladies, don’t ever be camera shy when you’re pregnant….it’s those little movements in life worth remembering.

1 comment:

Kaitlin said...

I loved this post. I'm only 2 months off of pregnancy lane, and as uncomfortable as my pregnancy was, it was amazing! You looked so beautiful, by the way!

Related Posts with Thumbnails