Hello, I’m alive. This has been the longest streak in I don’t know how long that I’ve been away. If you follow me on Twitter or Facebook you would know that a. I’m alive b. My stomach went through hell and back c. I just came off an unexpected 10 day stay-cation. Life is good even though it’s messy at times.
In case you’re dying to know how Christmas was, fear not, I’ve got those posts up my sleeve. My little sister got a big fancy camera for Christmas and was our paparazzi for the occasion. Side note: if I was rich I would have a personal photographer next to us at all times for those moments my son is doing something super cute and I want to remember it when he’s 15. Anyways she took cute pictures which I fully intend on posting like they are my own. So many good stories to share from the last 2 weeks I can’t wait dive in. But for now I need to scan Pinterest for the perfect classroom cupcakes for Moses’ birthday tomorrow. Oh yeah, in case you haven’t heard my sobs from your window, my baby turns three tomorrow!!!
On a more serious note I wanted to share my New Year’s resolution. I generally don’t have one but this has been resonating for weeks now and I wanted to get it off my chest. From struggling with the confident mom issues to some other friend issues I’ve been having a hard time finding myself. This year (and for the rest of my life) I want to try my hardest to be authentic; to be me in every situation. I want to say what I want to say how I want to say in on the blog and stay true to who I am no matter what; even if that means I’m over sharing or spilling my guts about person stuff. I want to have genuine relationships with people who want to invest in me as much as I want to invest in them. I want to keep those people in my life and purge out those who just take up space. I feel I often fill many different shoes with slightly different me’s (the mom me, the girlfriend me, the adult me) and it’s time I morph all of those into one and just be me.
Moses is one day shy of 3 years old and I’m standing a little taller after sharing my heart
1 comment:
I think that is an admirable resolution! Be yourself! You are fabulous and exactly who God created you to be :)
Post a Comment