Jan 31, 2012

Super Mom.

Here I am again; head barely above water. My legs are tired from kicking to keep me afloat and my arms are filled with groceries, pee soaked Lightning McQueen jammies, and a smart phone….I’m drowning. It’s not a bad place to be, honestly, just very overwhelming. How can you possibly do it all?

Plan/ prep each meal to make sure it’s healthy?
Spend less than $75 each week at Publix?
Keep our family on a budget in general?
Have a decent quiet time?
Read the Harry Potter series?
Find time to exercise?
Spend time with family?
Spend time with girlfriends?
Find time to decorate?
Find time to keep my house clean?

All the above I want to do. Half the above I actually need to do. And a mix between the two is what I actually do. Even though I was up at 6:30am to get in my gym time and spent my lunch break strolling the isle of the grocery store I still won’t have enough time today. Does my house always suffer? Of course. Does my quiet time get cut short from my sleepy eyes getting too sleepy? Obviously. See the problem? A girlfriend shared this wonderful article with me the other day about Super Mom (or design, food, ect) bloggers and how they don’t actually do it all. The blogger was very honest about her normal state of life compared to the one she blogs about; it’s true, who likes to show off the messy part of their life?
My issue is I don’t want to stop writing but at the same time I don’t want to spend half my time apologizing for my lack of life documentation. I want this to be my lifestyle outlet; crappy meals, wonderful moments, woe is me I’m a working mom, and everything in between.

Here I am…one big mess. Let’s just get this out of the way and say I’m busy being busy from now until forever.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails