Tradition around here is going to dinner with family on your birth date. Instead of forcing Moses to sit still at a nicer restaurant we took him to his most favorite place to eat, Chick Fil A! It was perfect; the kids played, we ate chicken, we opened presents, and we ate cake! So simple and enjoyable that I may just throw a birthday party there next year!
Unfortunately this was the night that Moses started his multi-day stomach bug so the poor guy didn’t even want to eat a piece a cake. When my garbage disposal child doesn’t want to eat a huge slice of cake we knew something was wrong!
And this is....The Cake. Davy decided earlier in the week that he HAD to make him a cake! He did all the planning, purchasing, baking, and decorating. I giggled when I first saw the beauty but seeing the proud look on Davy's face made this messy thing into a wonderful memory!
2 comments:
LOVE the cake!! :) Sad we missed it! Glad he had fun!!
Love the homemade cake from Dad - so sweet!!! :)
Post a Comment