Jun 14, 2010

People let me tell you 'bout my best friend



Friends. Next to family, which often times I consider friends, comes friends. Without any obligation of blood or marriage they take taking a liking to you and you the same. Sometime you stumble upon them in school or church or somewhere random but they stick. You feel the need to call just to see how they’re doing and hangout with them even if it’s sharing a meal or watching a show. Davy and I have both had the privilege of having great friends. There is the designated “mom” friend who’s great for bossing the group around, the “party” friend who is your go to “lets have a drink or go dancing” phone call, the wise friend full of really smart things to say when you’re in a bind, and then all the ones that fall in between those categories. One thing I love about my friends is that most of them are friends with each other; meaning I could be sitting in a room filled with people who all love each other. One thing I loved about our wedding party was all the girls were (for the most part) friends with each other and same with the grooms side; there was no awkward fitting in or phone calls planning pre wedding events. Some friends have drifted away and I treasure the friendship that was once there knowing it was filled with great memories. As I get older my time is stretched thin and hanging out becomes more scarce; there may even be times I don’t see one friend for weeks. However it’s so nice to meet up like time stood still, confirming our friendship can withstand the waves of inconsistency. Saturday night I was able to meet up with two great friends and do just that; share stories and laugh with no agenda or reason for being together. I am so thankful for all the people I’m able to call friends.
Davy on our wedding day all dressed up with the boys. The first picture represents them behaving and the second picture shows their true personalities!
The top is a lost picture from a wedding shower that I stumbled upon this weekend. A few besties were MIA but I love how everyone looks so beautiful. There bottom right is all the girls dressed up and the bottom left shows just how large the wedding party was! We are so blessed to share all this love!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails