Jun 24, 2010

Rabies.

They call is Baby Fever for a reason; because once you catch it you can’t shake it! I was ecstatic to hear last week a good friend of mine is expecting! I’ve always wondered when this day would come and was hoping it was sooner than later so when we found out the news we couldn’t have been more excited for them. I am selfishly looking forward to a baby being within 10 minuets of us that I can hold on a regular basis because I have had the Fever for a while now. Baby Fever (also and more appropriately called Baby Rabies) comes in many ways; holding a little baby, seeing how old your baby is getting, picking up a newborn outfit and remembering those days, ect. It also has a way of never bringing up the not-so-great times; like screaming for hours in the middle of the night, extremely swellings from not having a let down, sweating trying to get them to latch, yellow poop everywhere, ect. Gosh, once is bites you can’t stop thinking about it. Most recently I (and even Davy) have been calculating conception dates with due dates and hoping for 3rd trimesters in winter time and potty training before the baby arrives. It seems like everywhere I turn I’m seeing newborn babies, and cloth diapers (oh yeah, that’s an entirely different entry), and expecting moms, and all the highlights of having a baby. The best part about these rabies is the timing; we are at a place in our life that if *something* *were* to *happen* it wouldn’t be the end of the world. Ideally we are predicting Little Waldman #2 to make an appearance in 2012 but we would be happy with whatever happens. I am hoping that this new baby will cure all the little desires fluttering around inside and cure my Fever!


Speaking of being bit, I am totally, completely, un-ashamed-fully obsessed with The Twilight Saga. All my girlfriends know I was the ring leader of making fun of it when it first came out and they couldn’t get the books out of their faces but after watching the first movie my feelings changed. I became interested in “ok so what happens next?” so I picked up the second book…and couldn’t put it down. I quickly flipped through all the remaining books and become obsessed. We proudly waited three hours for the midnight showing of New Moon last year and this Tuesday night will be no exception. Since last year my obsession has grown and I’ve been all-things-Twilight for weeks now leading up to Eclipse next week. I know the movies are cheesy and poor quality and yeah it’s about vampires and far fetched but something about it just does it for me. I’m so wrapped up in this story line and actors and I can’t back down now. I just want anyone reading this who feels the same way to know they are not alone!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails