Today Moses woke up a baby and left the house a toddler; it was his first day at his new daycare! I never wanted to mention this in the blog until he was removed but we have been unhappy with our old daycare for a while. I never felt like he was unsafe but I felt guilty keeping him at a place we weren’t comfortable with. I started searching months ago but no spots were available at locations we wanted. A few weeks ago with a phone number confusion my mom got a phone call from a place we liked asking if we wanted to remain on the waiting list. With the misinformation she called to inform me we got in and I was ecstatic only to find out it was just a waiting list conformation. The next week I got a phone call from the same place saying we got in; we signed up six months ago as number #35 on the list and we were now at #3! I was so happy and couldn’t wait to give our two week notice. After enjoying a long weekend at the beach (that post coming soon) I spent last night labeling all his clothes and getting his “supplies” ready. Daycare is nothing new for us but going to an actual establishment with a cafeteria (and weekly menu! Squeal!), outside time, and more 17-month-old friends than he knows what to do with. Here is a few quick picture of my boy all dressed for his first day.

Closed toe shoes are required so he’s sporting a new blue velcro pair with
red socks to match the shirt (total dork!)
He was dying to grab the camera- my goof troop!
I called around noon for an update and she said he’s doing great. A little fussy when I left but has been playing non stop since! My biggest fear and his biggest obstacle will be taking a nap on a mat with 11 other friends around; can’t wait to hear about it tonight!
1 comment:
YAY!!! baby Moses is a BIG BOY!! he looks soo stinkin cute in his "dork" outfit!! and I cant wait to hear how his first day went!!
Post a Comment