Jun 8, 2010

Vivre la bonne vie!

Bonjour, missed me this week? Me too! My house is growing weeds and school work is stacking sky high. Of course we’re all always busy, but this week the lack of motivation is making everything seem EXTRA hard. Once a midterm passes this Friday a huge sigh of relief will occur and then hopefully we’ll spend time playing in the pool and clean the 34 piles of piles around the house. Last weekend I was feeling super ambitious and wrote a detailed To Do list only to be disappointed by completing 1/3 of it. This weekend I’m hoping to check off a few of the biggies and do some fun things like save all our pictures to a external hard drive, open up Moses’ scrapbook, order prints for my empty frames, get 10 more freckles, and spray Moses with the hose AT least once.
Since I have nothing significant to share I’ll slightly lift the lid to my heart and share its deepest desires; I want to travel. Not just take family camping trips in Georgia or introduce Davy to the west coast, but travel overseas, starting in Europe. I’ve taken four different units of French and would love to be fluent one day. To be more specific I don’t want to just take a two week vacation hitting every “must see” along the way, but dive into the culture and experience everything it has to give. To walk the streets, visit back road cafes, take a drive through the country, and spend 3 hours in a museum because I have no time constraint. I would love to then visit Italy and the Mediterranean coast line and breathe their culture. I think one thing Americans have completely backwards is our leisure. We work so hard five days a week and to make money to spend on things that entertain us; TV, concerts, attractions, things. I would love to have leisure time focused on talking, eating, being with friends and family not needed a tangible object to fulfill our time. I’ve been reading Eat Pray Love and although I do not recommend it (due to the spiritual beliefs of the main character- it’s a little hard to look past) but I love the first third of the book when it talks about her journey through Italy. It’s a faux escape into the world I only dream of.
Alright the lid is closed for today- enjoy the rest of the week!



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails