Jul 20, 2010

Cheers!

As an avid talker I find blogging the second best way to communicate after speaking. It’s a way to share a funny story or open a little window into your soul or just blab out into the internet universe. As I celebrate my 100th post today I reflect back on what the blogging world had meant to me. Back in the day, the day being 6ish years ago, Myspace was the place to be and I used their blog as a way to vent. It was normally all about high school drama and emotions of breaking up and making up umpteen times with my then boyfriend (now husband….irony). I used to make the fonts different colors and bold all those words that had secret messages. Back then I would code my feelings a lot more because they would change on a weekly basis. After posting for months and months I reflected back on all the blogs and realized they made up a journal that documented my life; so I printed every single post and they sit in a big binder collecting dust on our book shelf. They are there for me to pull out in 5 years and remember how everything I thought was important in high school is irrelevant to life now. I stop blogging for a while as I entered college and moved out on my own but got reintroduce to blogging through a pregnant friend of mine. She used a site called “blogger” and showed me the world of mommy blogging; blogging about life and babies and emotions that come with real life issues. I got excited to see this world existed beyond Myspace and started this very blog. Before Moses was born I didn’t think I had much to say and only documented 10 or so post before his arrival. I took time off during his first weeks because I could barley get through the day without sobbing and sweating out of nursing frustration. Once I came back to work and life started making sense again I made it appoint to keep up the post. I think it was important to remember Moses’ milestones and how I felt about all the change. I even got good at posting picture and love to scroll back and see how much he’s changed. I love the community blogging brings and the ability to connect with strangers all over the world. So raise up your glasses, or coffee mugs, or sippy cups and cheers to my 100th post!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails