Not only is this program going to help me get in shape but it’s also expanded my normal daily cooking. We are actually enjoying complete home cooked meals all week long. This weekend I made lemon-dill sauce, butternut squash soup, vegetable soup, roasted red pepper soup, and gazpacho. Tonight we are eating salmon (chicken for me) with lemon-dill sauce, wild rice, asparagus, and red pepper soup. The recipes were large enough that I individually froze each item by portion and will last us the first three weeks. I can simply pull out the sauce and warm it up while the chicken is grilling and we can keep dinner at the same time we eat now. Every meal throughout the week is different so I’m won’t be feeling like “this again”; after week 1 you copy the same schedule for week 2, 3, ect. There are three meal phases to the program and we are hoping to stay on this “fat burner” stage for 3-4 weeks. I’ll be excited when week 4 comes and a whole new set of recipes come.
I am filled with excitement and determination but at the same time scared to death! I know the work out videos are hard stuff and my doubts of even being able to finish Day 1 are starting to outweigh my optimism. This is a huge change not only for my diet but for my body. It’s used to eating sweets every day and taking an aerobics class twice a week; not ball busting sweat every.single.day for three months. This is day 1 of 90 but it’s also day 1 of the rest of my life. My eating/ exercise habits have to change because I don’t want to live like this anymore; and I’m hoping P90X will transform the exterior as well as the interior.
My goals for this week:
- To not break my diet one single time
- To workout every single day, even if I can’t physically do all the video demands
My 90 day goals:
- Loose 30 pounds! (yeah, that's right, 30!)
- Be able to do all the physical components of the hour long work out! (which includes pull ups!)
- Drop 2 sizes in my clothes; I would love to wear the 7 pairs of jeans that sit in the back of my closet collecting dust!
- Feel great about myself in a swimsuit!
1 comment:
YOU CAN DO IT!! I have heard great things about P90X..let me know how is works out for you!
Post a Comment