What you need:
1 can Pillsbury Grand’s biscuit (8 count) *
Peanut butter
Jelly (we use strawberry) **
Preheat oven according to directions on rolls.
Take a round biscuit and roll it out flat; I would say a 4 inch diameter works great.
Then take a scoop of peanut butter and spread on half the biscuit; make sure you don’t spread all the way to the edge. Depending on what age group you’re making them for use ½ TBS for a smaller child and 1 TBS for yourself.
Then do the same with the jelly; I normally do a little less jelly because it can get very runny and cause mass filling explosions on your pan.
The next step in VERY important; fold in half and press sealed. (When I say press I mean message the edges together so they form one- don’t just fork it down! When the biscuit expand they are likely to come open and start the jelly explosion if they are not sealed tight! ).
Repeat the steps for the remaining 7 rolls and then place in the oven for 10-15 minuets, depending on oven and how crispy you like the outside. Make sure they cool before feeding to your toddler or lodging halfway back into your throat and having a filling explosion leave burn marks on the roof of your mouth the rest of the weekend.
I like to freeze them as soon as they’ve cooled to keep their freshness. I take one out at a time and microwave 10-25 seconds, again, test the temperature before hanging to a toddler.
* I recently used the multi grain biscuit and they are great! Slightly sweet and really compliments the filling.
** You could get fancy and use a blackberry preserve and eat them in bed with your husband on a Saturday morning.
No comments:
Post a Comment