Another time my mom was in the middle of getting divorced, pregnant and homeschooling an 8 and 10 year old.
A little time after that she was taking care of a newborn, homeschooling an 8 and 10 year old, jobless, and made a friend’s basement our home.
One time my mom hitch- hiked all the way down California and wore bandanas as tops. The pictures don’t lie.
One time my mom was driving down the road with a screaming 2 year old and a screaming newborn and decided taking the newborn into the drivers seat and nursing her would eliminate one half of the problem.
One time my mom had a 4, 13, 14, 15, 15, and 18 year old all living under her roof and managed to have the house clean and dinner cooked.
Another time my mom walked up and down a line of 200 hipsters with a “we need tickets” sign. Then she overpaid a 15 year old so I could watch my favorite band at the time.
One time my mom sat in her pajamas at the kitchen table during breakfast and didn’t wear a bra. That was every school day of my childhood.
One time my mom spent weeks beautifully wrapping 80 presents all with hand crafted, color coordinating bows; carefully thinking about matching the colors with the child’s personality. She does this every year after saying the previous year “I’m not doing all this again”. It’s an addiction.
One time I gave my mom a slideshow DVD of how wonderful she and we cried while we watched it. I cry every time I watch it not because of how wonderful my editing skills were as a senior in high school but how incredible of a person she really is.
One time I realized my mom was my hero and I haven’t stopped thinking that since.
1 comment:
I absolutely love this! :) You beautifully portrayed how special your mom is and you can tell how much she means to you. I love it. :)
Post a Comment