Feb 22, 2011

#Momoftheyear

Looking back how far I’ve come over the last two years I really surprise myself.
For instance, if Moses’ passey were to fall into his neked nether regions as a:
Newborn—I would freak out and probably toss it into the pile of things that need to be sterilized
Baby – Take it away from him immediately knowing I’ll have to rise it off with water at a nearby water fountain or sink
Toddling toddler—Pick it up and brush it off on my pants a few times thinking that was “good enough”
Toddler – Look down, shake my head, laugh, and walk away.

And when I say fall into his region I’m talking about walking into the living room and seeing him diaperless; lounging on the couch watching Lion King with a milk cup in one hand, a toy by his leg, and his passey literally tucked up under his junk (with his B’s resting on it and all).

Don’t ask me where my protective, overly cautious, sterilizing mother instincts have gone…just know my kid eats dirt, crayons, PlayDough, flash cards, and the occasional vegetable and HE’S FINE!

1 comment:

Ashley said...

HAHAHA. That image is hilarious! I understand what you mean though. I've read a lot that people who sterilize their homes constantly have sicker children because their body isn't as exposed to germs regularly. I know a woman like that and her kids are ALWAYS sick so I guess it's true. I also think it comes from being a Mom of a boy. Even at 6 months Joel is doing things that are so BOY. Don't you love it though? I look forward to all that crazy boy stuff even if it makes me cringe, blush, or scream (like bugs and such). It is a little eb to my feminine flow.

Related Posts with Thumbnails