It’s not uncommon to find a “junk drawer” is someone’s house; the drawer filled with old checkbooks, 10 broken pens, those little notes you need to keep, a few batteries, and everything in between. Well at our house we have a “junk room”. It started out as our spare bedroom with visions of an office and possibly a single bed for visitors. It’s actually the only room we painted before moving in because it was baby pink and no way were we ready for that proposition. It stayed clean for maybe two weeks until the closet filled up with things we didn’t know what to do with. And then it just kept going from there; a shelf, a mirror, hunting great, a table, a lamp, clothes, shoes, toys, ect, ect, ect. I’m not exaggerating when I say you can’t even walk around in the room it’s that full of junk. Something about dealing with it as the situation arose seemed so much harder than tossing it into the “office”. We’ve been talking about cleaning it out but enough is enough. It’s time.
In a few weeks we’ll be in need of the space (more on that later) so Saturday my lovely Mother is coming over bright and early and we are tackling the junk. I’m intimidated, scared, excited, but mostly relieved. I’m hoping we have enough stuff to put together a yard sale in the coming weeks but I’m clueless to how much stuff that would be. As embarrassing as it may be I will be taking “before and after” pictures if for anything to give me motivation to make it good enough for an “after” photo.
If anyone has any storage/ organization/ yard sale tips pretty pretty please share your knowledge because I need it!
Jul 28, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
We have the SAME room and we HAVE to clear it out because with a total of 3 bedrooms and the need now to use that 3rd room it just has to be done. It's a project I've determined to do before leave for Disney in 4 weeks, but time is passing and I'm not doing it. Eep. Good luck to y'all!
What I do if I think I have to have it, I put that item in a box and if I don't touch it for a month, get rid of it. That's for those items you have a hard time with, lol. Otherwise I just go through and if first thought is I don't need it/don't use it; it gets taken out no second thoughts.
Post a Comment