Jul 10, 2011

Cloth Diaper Week Day 1

I'm excited to be writing the first post in this Cloth Diaper Week series! I planned to post this earlier today but  I had to play out a bounce house birthday party for most of the afternoon  life got in the way.
I have been wanting to do and say more about cloth diapers ever since our conversion last year but didn't know how to make an impact with my words. After connecting with some wonderful companies I came to the conclusion that the best way to get anyone to listen is to give away free stuff! 

I think one of the biggest reasons people don't cloth diaper is because they are stuck on the "Old School" pins and prefolds way; they don't realize how easy is can be and are afraid to try.

Our personal journey started last year when I first caught wind of cloth diapering the "New School" way thanks to the internets. I mentioned it a little bit here and then wrote about our conversion here . After I narrowed it down to few brands that interest me I spent time reading other's options, blog reviews, complaints, FAQ's then eventually decided on a brand. Our biggest reason for cloth diapering ("CD") was economically based; I went so far as to make a money spreadsheet laying out cloth vs. disposables (I'll share this later on in the week) and was shocked at the savings. Our other reasoning was environmentally based and I simply liked the feeling I got when I put them on Moses. I liked that I was in control of what materials were covering his bum and was able to custom fit them for bedtime. Again, that's the condensed version and you can read more on that here.

This week I hope you have a chance to read about new companies, new styles, and a new way to cloth diaper. Like I mentioned on Friday each day will bring a new post or two and a new giveaway.

See you tomorrow!

2 comments:

MamaHunfy said...

This is awesome-thanks!

boyzrule said...

Awesome week...thanks!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails