Aug 11, 2011

Divorcing his free time.

Today is a very special day because as I write this Davy is sitting in college orientation! All his ducks are in a row and now all he has to do is sign up for classes and show up! I am so proud of him for taking his professional life to the next level and taking on such a big challenge.


Ever since high school Davy has worked for his parent’s business and went on to become certified and licensed in the industry. Eventually he took over running the business as his father become too ill to work and now he’s practically a one man show. He is great at what he does and enjoys his interaction with his business partners and their clients but in the long run this is not the career he wants for himself. As old as we seem to some of our single friends who go out drinking on a Tuesday night or stay up til 1am giggling or play Xbox til 3am or go to the beach on days they don’t have class we are still so young and have so much life to live; taking a few years to better our family is only one small step in the grand scheme of things. well unless the rapture happens in our lifetime and if that’s the case I’m totally okay with leaving Earth in this weird transition phase we are in to live eternally with the Lord

As far as the immediately future is concerned…he will continue to work full time, open the gym a couple mornings a week (he’s up and moving at 4:00am folks) to keep his free membership and bring home a little extra bacon, AND will take 3 or 4 classes a semester. He has no idea what he wants to do yet and that is a-ok with me; this first year will be full of the basics and discovering what classes put him to sleep and what classes has him researching for the fun of it.

I’m not going to lie…I’m anxious! Not anxious because life is going to fall apart, but anxious/excited for him to begin this venture and to see how our family life is readjusted to make time for school. I know what it’s like to work a full day and take two classes and be involved with family and it’s hard! I have no doubt that he can do whatever he puts his mind to; unlike many college freshman he isn’t going for the dorm life or because “it’s the next step after high school”…he’s there because he wants this!

Oh and THIS is the reason why the office needed to be cleaned out!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's awesome! Good for him!! :D
-Deborah

Stuart R. Owens said...

Tell Davy I said congrats... nothing is more God-honoring than a man working hard to take care of his family. I love it. Hope you guys are doing well!

Melissa said...

What! Super cool! Can't wait to see you guys in a few weeks... way to go Davy :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails