Aug 9, 2011

House love.

As you can see there is not much free time in my 24 hour day. The “Friends or Decompress” two hour block is an either/or situation and commonly includes folding laundry while watching TV. What’s not on the chart is the rest of the laundry, anything deeper than light cleaning, grocery shopping, exercising, and running errands. The biggest things that suffer are deep cleaning, organizing, and crafting. Even though I despise some of my house décor I’ve left it the same month after month because other priorities have taken precedence. Well…craft time has come!

It started with a much needed trip to the fabric store to find my inspiration for covering the couch pillows. After that is has played out into a full on redesign. After huge success with rearranging our living room a few weeks ago (even Davy’s bachelor friends complimented how much more “homey” it felt) I’m feeling invincible with other projects. Tonight one of my best friends (and DIY lover) is coming over to start sanding, priming, and painting the next phase of the makeover with me. I honestly have never been so excited to watch piece by piece of a project come together. When it comes down to it I already own a lot of the staple pieces needed to make a house feel like a home; now they just need to be painted, covered, or re purposed to become my vision. Seeing my daily time allowance please be patient with before and after photos because it may take weeks before there is a final photo to show!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Yay for making your home a place you will love!

Related Posts with Thumbnails