Headed into the third week post Christmas I figure it’s a great time to start talking about how ours went! I knew I wanted to give gifts to Moses’ teachers but I didn’t want to be the 10th child to hand them a coffee mug with a gift card in it. So I turned to Pinterest, crafty ladies I know, and inspiration I had picked up shopping to come up with three unique gifts.
First up, the felt Christmas tree. Using a cuddlebug I cut out about 40 400 felt circles which I glued together in the center to resemble a tree. Then using a felter needle thingy softened up a few small felt circles to make the ornaments 3D and a nice and fluffy star.
Second, a felt ball ornament. With a large glass ornament ball as the base I cut out different size felt flowers to mix and match. To finish them up I used an assortment of white buttons for the flower’s center. This present was for his college-aged class aid that is very bubbly and likes loud fun things; you could mix up the colors or design for someone more sophisticated.
And lastly, for his main teacher, wooden snowman. These are a hybrid of two different similar snowmen floating around Pinterest. They are blocks of wood painted white, distressed, and dressed up. The faces are hand painted and their hats are small mittens. We ended up loving the fun simplicity of these guys and made a ton of the sets for friends and family. Each set was customized depending on the person’s favorite colors and style.


2 comments:
These are SO cute. I'll have to remember the felt on glass ornaments one for next year.
Gosh, you're that cutesy mom in Mo's class! :)
I want to remember the snowmen! SO cute! I love their little faces. Great ideas!
Post a Comment