"The Artist" – May be the hardest one for me to sit through; no desire to see.
"The Descendants" – I’ve wanted to see this since watching the first preview; it seems simple (much like The Kids are Alright which I loved) but a good heart filled plot line.
"Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close" – I read about 70% of this book so I am extremely curious to see how it plays out on the big screen. The book was very confusing to me half because of Foer's writing style but also because it jumps around so much to different time periods and story lines. It will be a tear jerker but I’m ready for it!
"Hugo" – I don’t see an animated movie winning.
"Midnight in Paris" – We almost rented this last weekend so I’m looking forward to seeing it. Woody Allen isn’t me hero or anything but I’m sure it will be worth seeing… as long as it’s nothing like One Day.
"The Help" – Read the book, loved the book. Saw the movie, liked the movie. My fault for reading before seeing (it’s an either/or for me; you can’t love them both) but they did a great job on the southern characters. I don’t see it winning.
"Moneyball" – Just watched this past weekend. It was good, but not great. Good acting, good story line (especially seeing that it’s based off a true story), but nothing too climactic happened making it a slower movie.
"War Horse" – Ok forget The Artist, THIS will be the one that kills me. I have zero desire to see this….zero.
"The Tree of Life" – Will only see this because it’s on Best Picture list. It may surprise me and I’m hoping it does.
I’m really hoping Extremely Loud or The Descendants blows me away because I think they are big contenders for the award; also because I really want to see them. The Descendants took the Golden Globes which is generally a good indicator but we shall see!
I have just over 30 days to see 7 movies which means I need to spend a couple week nights renting and a couple week nights dragging something to the theater with me.
I also need to find some friends who will have an Oscar’s viewing party with me. Fancy hair, wine, sweet treats, and a big TV. Any takers?
2 comments:
Ahhhhh I want an Oscar party! When is it?
And for the first time in awhile, I haven't seen ANY of these :(
I really want to see War Horse, The Artist, and Midnight in Paris.
Extremely Loud, no thank you, not this year.
And ok, One Day, did your jaw drop or what? uhhhhhhh.
We watched this morning before heading into parks! We may have different movie taste (I didn't like The Kids are Alright - I hated the ending), but we fell asleep during Midnight in Paris. Now, to the movie's defense, when we finally have peace enough to watch a movie, we're generally exhausted, but I just thought the movie was really slow. I did want to finish it though because parts were really interesting, but Josh took it back. I'm with you aallllll the way on War Horse! I hate horses and horse movies and have since 2nd grade when that's all the other girls could talk about. I also wanted to see the Descendants and hope to! I'm excited to see The Tree of Life, but I know it's mostly an artistic film and the first half is hard to get through. So far I'm rooting for The Help because I loved the book and the movie (but the movie wasn't as good, I agree). The acting was awesome, I loved the direction, and it was a good movie that provoked emotion, thought, humor, and sadness.
Post a Comment