Jan 28, 2013

The 25 {1-5}


(The 25 list finished)

1. Print out wedding photos for an old fashion album
Isn’t it funny how we have hundreds of photos stored across five different computers and even the super important ones (like your wedding day!) you make up some excuse why you don’t print them. For me it was overwhelming…or so I thought. I spent one night in front of the computer selecting 100 of my favorites (thanks Shutterfly for the free prints) and then another night loading them into a picture frame just right! So easy! So simple!

2. See two movies in the theater in one day
Back when I was single I could easily see myself wasting away an afternoon watching two movies but now my free time is so limited this was rather tricky. It was hard to not feel guilty taking up roughly 5 hours of my Saturday and we are too busy on Sundays for this to be consider so it left a week night. I took off work at 4 and met my first movie date (Molly) at 4:30 for Life of Pi; we were surrounded by the Old Folks Home and snacked on cookies as we watched CGI blow our minds. Immediately following Davy came to meet me and we saw the wonderful Silver Linings Playbook while drinking a jumbo icee. I purposefully picked two very different movies to mix it up and surprisingly my butt didn't go numb the entire time (and if you're counting that was a total 11 hours of sitting down in one day).

3. Lose 20 pounds
This is one of the things I never thought I’d be able to cross off and I DID! I posted about the journey some already here and here but overall let me just tell you it was one of the most rewarding things I’ve ever done. I stuck to a goal, I had my struggles, I met some incredibly wonderful people along the journey, and I felt good about myself. For the first time in a long time I liked the way I looked and felt confident with not only the inside but outside. Weight Watchers is such a rewarding program and I’m already thinking about signing up in June after the little guy is here.

4. Start and finish five different sewing projects.
The reason I have this on my list is because my mother is an incredibly talented seamstress and I’ve seen the results of what a sewing machine and some patience can produce. Why buy something when it can be custom made to exactly what you want or you can make it for a fraction of the price. I wanted this year to make me more comfortable in front of the machine and build confidence to make things on my own.

1. Moses’ Halloween costume. It took him about 34 difference conversations to finally decide what to be and at this point we were pretty set on not going trick or treating because it fell on a Wednesday night. He needed something to wear for his school party so I whipped this little guy up with an old shirt, lots of felt, and a little tin foil. Nothing to write home about but he loved it!




The only way to make a 3 year old stand still is to allow Goofy Face, amiright?

2. Super hero capes. My distaste for Superheroes at this age is a different post entirely however I will say I don’t like him being Batman or whoever man because it instantly turns into killing. Yes I know most superheroes are good and they save but in Moses’ eye they just fight and kill. I wanted him to be able to be a Superhero but any kind of Superhero he wanted which led to the Super Moses cape. Actually the Super Moses, Alex, and Evan cape because I made his cousins one for Christmas with the idea they could all play together. My friend Kristina sent me the pattern and with a little pattern to fabric help from my Mom we put these together in December. I made sure Moses’ was his favorite colors red and purple and they each felt special with their letter on the back. I knew it was a success when Cousin Evan put his on everyday he was visiting! (Pictures coming soon!)

5. Take family photos
Seeing as I had skipped taking professional photos at all in 2011 it had been entirely too long! I knew this had to be done after I completed #3 but it was just icing on the very delicious cake to be able to announce our pregnancy through this session. My good friend Sarah who has taken all of our family pictures agreed to take these but had no idea it was a family of four session! We actually planned to take them weeks prior and I remember feeling a wave of panic as my stomach was expanding and my jeans were no long buttoning nicely. Thankfully they invented maternity skinny jeans so I wouldn’t need to change my planned outfit, just my pants.



2 comments:

The Hills said...

So proud you completed your goal of 25, and I cant wait to hear how the rest of them turn out!!!

Julie S. said...

Love these!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails