May 26, 2010

Just To-Do It.

Lists are a source of calmness; an outlet. When I am sitting in a quite environment I allow my mind to open up and think about the future; sometimes it can be stressful, sometimes helpful. I think about things, like our family beach trip, and what I’ll need to bring. I open up Word (or get out a piece of paper) and start jotting it down. Swimming diapers, bananas, canopy, ect. The list grows inside my head and is quickly transpired to paper (or screen) until I feel it’s complete. Then it gets organized. It make sense to me to clump everything for Moses’ suitcase in one section, then mine, then the food; I am able to walk into a room and gather all I need. If someone were to see my list they might think, wow, you’re crazy; but it’s actually to avoid crazy. When I get home and its time for the family to pack I can pull out the list and shut off my brain. There is no need to think when my thoughts are sitting in front of me; no need to hush the boys to remember what I needed out on the pantry. As much as the list is for me, it’s really for everyone else. If Davy asks if he can help I point to the list and without me snapping he knows what needs packing. I can be a much more pleasant easy going person with I’ve prepared a list. We are going to the beach Friday, I’m excited, the list is form, organized, and printed! Now if Friday would hurry up and get here!
 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails