May 25, 2010

Barbie.

I ’m going to have a paragraph of honesty: I’m not in love with everything girl. Let me preface by saying I’m crazy about the idea of dressing a little girl and having her and experiencing her, but not everything yells YES! For instance, I’m not huge on purple and pink mixed together with princesses slapped all around. Purple and pink make a cotton candy swirl of vomit in my head and most of the time its just overkill. With that being said, my daughter will wear purple and pink- just not a full horizontal stripped puffy dress of them. I also don’t like pink and black zebra for a nursery. Pink and zebra are reserved for Diva 13 year olds or bachelorette parties, not a newborn! It screams TOO LOUD for me and I rather my daughter turn herself diva brat not me train her to be one. I also don’t like hearts or butterflies; they are just too frilly, obvious choices. I’m putting my foot in my mouth because I have seen these done nicely, but most of the time it’s not me. When she gets old enough and wants to buy a shirt with a butterfly on it then I won’t oppose; she is allowed to be her own person, this is just me venting!

Speaking of girly things that are emphasized in our society: My body! Lately I have tried to work on my emotional stability with my weight and understanding I am beautiful to those who matter and be happy with who I am this swimsuit season. Now that I’m feeling a lot better mentally I’ve started to work on the physical. I am keeping a daily food log to track where I’m messing up (whether it is sodium, fat, sweets, cards, excess, ect.) and help me stay accountable to myself on a daily basis. Not only did I make it a point to buy lots of veggies and fruit but I also made a point to not buy all the junk to go along with it. Prepping food before I’m hungry, waking up to pack a great lunch, and even planning dinners a week out are some of the other new things I’m trying. Yes I understand going to the gym and running my butt off will also help, but I’m working on one step at a time starting with lifestyle. I will also start to frequent the treadmill (hopefully) 4 nights a week (possibly 6am but I have yet to get up for that alarm). As I stay consistent with the eating and treadmill I hope to move on to more rigorous exercise. I have my end results set pretty high but I also know what’s realistic for my life. I hope to achieve the smaller goals set for these next few weeks will help me reach for the larger ones. Happy lifestyle changing!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails