May 19, 2010

Turn on the BoobTube, I'm in the mood to obey!

Today marks the first NO TV Wednesdays in the W’s house! When we get home from a busy day at work and school we normally turn the TV on to zone out and relax. Most of the time its stupid sitcoms and we’ve actually come to the point every night of the week there is a “special” show we like to watch. If we could turn on the TV for that 30min or one hour show then shut down for the rest of the night, that would be great; but its normally on by 6pm and not shut off until 11pm. Sometimes it’s just the background noise in the playroom, other times its three straight hours of shows once Moses is in bed. Its addicting and a habit I’m ashamed I fall short of more than one night a week.
So last week we put our foot down to this habit; no more TV on Wednesdays. One of my favorite comedies “Modern Family” comes on that night but I’ve realized it’s not that big of a deal to miss it. Maybe one day during the week I can watch it online if I have free time. Instead of TV we’ve decided to spend more time together. We generally spend 6-8pm playing with Moses (outside, playroom, dinner) but after 8pm we grow distant into our own routines. Without the TV as a distraction we have at least two hours of time to do whatever we want, together. Tonight we have plans of hanging shelves, mirrors and pictures; we will also play each other’s tutors for our test this week. Normally Davy is a great study partner for my college courses but this week I’ve been quizzing him nightly for a new license he needs for his business. Come to think of it we have the next three Wednesdays “booked” with no TV things to do. I love the thought of alone time; time to talk like husband and wife or be silent and work along side each other. Happy Wednesday

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails