Once you get married you start (if you have not already) to self sacrifice and loose some personal freedom for the love of your spouse. Of course you two compliment each other’s interest but you can no longer watch a five hour girly show marathon without considering the other person. You learn to give and take but for the most part you can do what you love. Once you have a child even more of that freedom is lost. The original sacrifice is a choice (and optional), just like with marriage, but definitely mandatory. A baby doesn’t understand you really want to paint on the back porch one afternoon and to just entertain themselves until you’re done. This is something I’ve struggled with lately. With husband needs and baby needs thrown into the mix of everyday needs the time of me-needs has gotten slimmer and slimmer. I have to clean the kitchen, I have to get up before 7am everyday, I have to change poopy diapers; I have to do so many things but which of these things do I actually want to do. In my head the balance of personal freedom and pure selfishness teeter back and forth; lots of times I’m feeling guilty or hurrying back if I’m running errands alone. Davy has no problem watching Moses alone and letting me “do my thing” but how much is too much. I want to be able to incorporate my needs of personal enjoyment with my wants of being around family all weekend to morph into one perfect activity. I want to be self sacrificing for my family but not loosing Caroline while doing it.
For personal enjoyment/ cheap family needs my girlfriend and I were out the door at 8am yard sale-ing Saturday morning. This was my first time as a grown adult going “full on” yard sale-ing, and I’m very happy with the results. We found a big church sale and scored great items for cheap! I’m excited that my decorating dreams are going from paper to reality and hopefully will be posting small before and after project photos in the next couple weeks.
No comments:
Post a Comment